Thursday, January 05, 2006

Procrastinating?

I am not procrastinating. I just want to get this down to remember it. You know, I should just memorize the link to Tubey. I type it often enough. Anyway, I want to knit one. And my friend wants one too. But cashmerino is expensive. So the two ways I found around that:

1) WEBS has 25% off orders of $120 or more, so if we ordered the yarn for two sweaters, it'd be $6 per ball. Or if I were just making one solid-color sweater, Discount Yarn Sale has bags of 10 for $60.

2) AC Moore has a similar yarn, Luxury, for I think $6.50 (maybe $7, gotta check that). And they have 40% off coupons every weekend. So I just have to buy one ball a week for 15 weeks - if I got my mom in on the act, I could do it in 2 months. And it'll be at least that long before I have the free time to knit it anyway. Also, apparently, AC Moore will take competitor's coupons, so if you have a Michael's and/or a Joann's, you can get 3 balls a week. I don't, so I can't verify that, but it's worth looking into, I think. Dyelots? It's striped! Ha!

Now, back to that hat - it's looking MUCH better the second time around, and I'm glad I'm redoing it. Really.

2 comments:

reluctantMANGO said...

Hi! Just wanted to say that I'm making Knitty's Samus sweater with A.C. Moore's Luxury yarn, and I'm very pleased... so far I've used ten balls, and only one knot. Very soft, haven't noticed any pilling so far, and they keep putting it on sale. Quite a bargain if you ask me! Good luck with Tubey, it's on my list too!

reluctantMANGO said...

Hi there! Just wanted to say that I'm using AC Moore's Luxury yarn to make Samus from Knitty... Love it! So soft, no pilling so far, and in ten balls, only one had a knot in it. It's frequently on sale, so the price is right. I say go for it! Good luck with Tubey, it's on my list too.