Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Functioning Computer!

Yay! We upgraded to XP. Yes, I know, welcome to the 21st century. Finally broke down and did it because I KNOW I don't want Vista, and I found XP for 60% off, which was nice. Anyway. It's been awhile since the computer and the camera have wanted to talk to each other. And now there's a GB of RAM, which is so much nicer.

My friend liked her shawl, even if it is technically a baby blanket the whole family can pile under. More on her liking it later.

The socks came out pretty spiffily. My friend (the toe-almost-losing friend, not the baby-having one) is going to send me a picture of himself wearing the socks, but until then, here are some last-minute, oops-they're-not-going-to-be-dry-in-time shots.

First, the inappropriately girly ruffle - unfortunately, I didn't manage an in-focus picture before I ripped it all out:



Then, the finished socks, drying:



And now, back to my friend liking her shawl. At one point, I'd sent her an email that had my bloggy-sig at the bottom, and she clicked on it to see what it was. I mentioned saving up for the Knitpicks Palette sampler. So she got it for me, as a very generous combination thank you/birthday present. Wow:



Woohoo! It was all I could do not to pull it all out and roll around in it last night. I promised myself I'd finish all my current projects first, though. (Stopped doing swatches because I RAN OUT OF YARN. But then I saved up enough for another ball and another Addi Turbo, so I can make socks again, too... it is a world of choices out there!)

No comments: