Thursday, June 22, 2006

Trepidation and Excitement

I'm having a hard time finishing my Master Knitter swatches. I think it's a combination of fear that they're all going to be returned with big red X's all over them (figuratively, of course) and the fact that they are so easy - I have a problem with finishing things in general, and to finish one thing every hour - very difficult!

And I'm suffering Extreme Design Paralysis with my box of Palette. I'm waffling between two different strategies. A) I've always said that if I ever won the lottery, I'd put it in a CD for 6 months while I decided what to do with it, so I wouldn't be tempted to go all stupid. This may be the strategy I adopt with the yarn, so as not to be pressured into using it and then deciding later that I really wanted it for something else. B) Individual balls of Palette are really not expensive. I should just dive in headfirst, and if I decide I want the yarn for something else, I'll just order more.

So those are my ridiculous knitting neuroses. On to the thrills!

I'm unreasonably excited about these needles from Knitpicks. Like Addis, but sharp? If so, bring on the smelling salts, I'm feeling faint. If not, oh well, I'm out $5. Definitely going to add some to my next order, whatever the case. I only wish they came in sizes smaller than 0 - I'm definitely getting to the point where I'm feeling the need to knit on needles the width of a human hair. What is that urge, anyway?

No comments: