Thursday, June 01, 2006

Socks done, no swatches

Well, I did finish the socks, and they came out well, I think. Very soft and fuzzy and full of such tiny stitches! But pooh to those needles - ANOTHER one pulled out of the socket, right when I only had 1/2" of ribbing left, not even on the same pair so I can't even say it was a manufacturing defect on that one set.

So I can't make more socks until I buy another US0 Addi. Well, won't, because really I COULD, but I don't feel like suffering through a whole pair of socks with bendy, grabby, catchy-join, stitch dropping, out-of-the-socket-pulling bamboos.

And I don't have that kind of cash.

So I'm trying to finish up a few things that I have the materials/equipment for, if not the motivation. I've gotten half of my Master Knitter swatches done, but it's REALLY hard to motivate for them. Like, it's ridiculous. Know why I'm posting right now? Because it's avoiding making another swatch. Dunno what's wrong with me there. It's not like they're hard, and I do want them done - I just can't make myself want to do them. I like finished products, I guess, and little squares just don't do it for me.

I think next, I'll put some time in on that sweater for Kira and maybe finally do the sleeves for the Skully I started, what, almost a year ago now? Yeah.

And then... SOCKARAMA, BABY! WooooooT!

(And after I save up for a new Addi, I'm totally starting a fund for the Palette sampler from Knitpicks. I've dabbled in cables and lace, now it's time for COLOR!)

No comments: