Thursday, May 10, 2007

Yarn Reference - MDSW 2007

This year I am SMART, because I am taking pictures and labeling everything so I know what it is when I finally get around to knitting it up. Last year I lost all my labels when I wound the yarn into balls. Dur.

This is from - Shelridge Farms their Soft Touch Ultra in Handpaint (#SU07-1003; they don't seem to have the handpaints on their website). I should try to get a better picture - it's not, in fact, blue. It's a mix of purple and brown and blue and green and all sorts of beautiful all mixed up. I loved the yarn I got from them last year and made a special effort to hit their booth this year. (Of course, there are two skeins of this, but I only took a picture of the one.) It is machine wash, dry flat.



This is from Blue Moon of course - the first Socks That Rock that I picked. It reached out and grabbed me by the throat, and I didn't even try to resist it. But I did try to counter the overwhelming power of the Beautiful Blues by trying something new (below). All the STR is machine or handwash, dry flat. This is Azure Malachite:


And this is Hot Flash. It's not for me, thank goodness. Why can't I find any of these colorways on their website? Could they be discontinued? If so, I feel awfully special. And I see that I must purchase some Sherbert STR, if only to have it lying around the house and looking beautiful. Anyway, Hot Flash, for the kiddo, which seems odd but she loves it.


And this is my foray into non-blue-green-purple. It's scary out there. But with this holding my hand and leading me into the wilderness, I think I'll do ok. It's Red Rock Canyon, and I adore it.




This is from Ellen's Half Pint Farm, and it's 50% Merino, 50% Bamboo. It's the first bamboo yarn I've bought. And look! No purple, blue or green to be seen. SH0XX0R! (It's not on their website at the moment, but I'm going to assume hand wash/dry on it.)



And this... wait for it. It was $40, which is actually very reasonable for what it is, which is 8 oz and 1000 yards of hand-dyed brushed mohair (10% nylon) in "Florida Sunshine". I saw it and it made me happy in my heart. I looked at the price tag and winced, since I'd already blown my budget on the things above. I said, ok, I'll go away, and if it's still there when I leave, it's meant to be mine.

It was. It is.

It's from Kid Hollow Farm. It doesn't seem to be on their website. Alas. It screams out to be made into a circular shawl, but I worry about having enough for the border. I may wind up doing geometry. (I didn't give up on math until after Multivariable Calculus, but geometry and I... well, we never got along.) Anyway. I'm not sure any picture would do it justice, but here you go:




Happy!

And speaking of things that make me happy, here's my $1.50 coleus garden. Every time I look at it, I smile. (Not knitting, or related in any way to knitting, but hey.)

No comments: