Thursday, May 10, 2007

MD Sheep & Wool, pt. 1

One of the very best things about MD Sheep & Wool is that I met the person behind Ravelry.com. I didn't think much of it at the time, because all she said was, "This is my website, want a button?" and I thought, "ok, generic blog" and said yes just to be polite. Then when I got home and saw what it was, I DANCED WITH GLEE.

Stupid useless Blogger, your days are numbered. Tremble with fear! At least, I dearly hope that this will be the case. I'm not in the beta yet, but I did sign up for it.

However, seeing as how I'm stuck here for the time being, how about some pictures? I left what I thought would be plenty early, but didn't factor in the fact that the last 2 miles take 45 minutes to traverse due to an unfortunately brief left-turn signal. So when I raced to The Fold, I saw this:



Doesn't look too bad? Here's a better shot:


So I spent half an hour in line just to browse, then another half an hour in line to buy. But it was WORTH IT. (Yarn pics in next post.)

I had another festival to go to in the afternoon, so I didn't get to browse as much as I wanted, but I did spend way, way too much money. Perhaps it's best I didn't have more time. I'm bummed that I didn't get to see the sheepdog stuff or any of the demos - next year I'll plan my time differently. And leave at SEVEN, not 8.

Mr. Adorable Alpaca:


Goat? I'm a city girl. They're all fiber on legs, as far as I know. But this one was especially cute and fluffery:


This one I know. It's a sheep, for sure. (I meant to write down the breed and everything, but got distracted. I thought he had a thoughtful face, though.) The next one is sheep too. But different sheep.



Next up: What I Spent Way Too Much Money On.

No comments: